Thursday 7 May 2015

Three of a Kind

It's the 1st Thursday of the month and that means a new Challenge over at Stamps and Stencils.

Ruth is the host for our second challenge, hope you enjoyed the first one and we would like to say a Big thank you to all you very talented people that joined in....(if you didn't we would love you to give it a go this month:)

The theme Ruth has chosen is 'Three of a Kind' for all the details of our monthly challenge please hop across to Stamps and Stencils


So here is my idea for Three of a Kind.




It started with 3 blocks of wood or Post Cap Tops, as I did not have any canvases and these were to hand they had to do!!!!



First the blocks were gessoed as they had been treated I did not know how they would react to paint etc.
Then I applied heavy bodied gesso through a stencil, stuck the wooden embellishment down and gave it some texture.


Now to apply some colour. I have used Silks acrylic glazes and mixed it with Golden Acrylic Glazing liquid  in satin, it was painted on then after a couple of minutes rubbed back with a baby wipe.



More colour added, the colours I used were Sunflower, Key Lime (my favourite) Sky Blue and Vavoom Red.


The quote is from one all time favourites from A Creative Journey Set. 
 Keep a green tree in you heart & perhaps a singing bird will come.


All the quotes are from the same set.
Under a tall tree I will lie, and let the clouds go sailing by.


Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is.


So theres 3 Blocks. 3 Artemio wooden embellishments. 3 Scrolls. 3 little flowers. 3 Quotes. 3 metal corners. 3 small hearts. 3 metal leaves and 3 stencils, I think I might just about qualify ...


 I like my grass the best on this block?






Thanks for popping to see my interpretation of Three of a Kind.

and I appreciate all your lovely comments.

Happy crafting 

Sharon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment