Saturday 20 September 2014

Pounding the Petals

Just a quick post to show you a fab workshop I went to at Betty's Sewing Box in Ashbourne.

It was called Pounding the Petals, I'll not go into too much details but it was the noisiest
 lesson I have attended.


 This is the sort of item you can make with the material when it has had it's Floral Transfer technique applied, but after a lot of practice I would think.


This was a beautiful little dress.


A small selection of the flowers before they were pounded?




The lovely June enjoying stitching around the flowers.



These are the flowers I transferred onto various different material, and then stitched around them, using a free flow technique, not sure if that's the right term for it, but it was great fun and I did go a bit mad with it :)






Here's a Lampshade made using this method.


This is Jackie who runs Betty's Sewing Rooms, she is always interested in selling hand made items, of good quality.

Pop in to see her and the shop next time your in Ashbourne or check out their website, did I mention the home made cake, well I don't want everybody to know or there will be none left for me.


Here's a small sample of some of the hand made items you can buy.


These are so cute.


That's all for today, hope it gives you some ideas of what goes on in Ashbourne, the next workshop I have booked in for is called Cow Parsley. I will keep you informed. Hope you have a great weekend and manage to do something that you enjoy.

Sharon x 








No comments:

Post a Comment